Specialist Group in Planetary Geoscience
- Provide a national focus for research into the origin and evolution of planets and planetary systems.
- Support Australian research on extra-terrestrial materials, the origin of the solar system, surface processes on other planets, the nature of planetary interiors, the effects of impacts and the long-term development and evolution of planetary atmospheres and climatic systems.
- Advance national strategic goals for research and education in geosciences relevant to planetary studies.
- Encourage development of national and international linkages with other societies and organisations that benefit Australian geoscience.
- Promote planetary geoscience to the broader community.
Snapshots for Planetary Geoscientists at the IGC
Theme 5. Geoscience Information
Theme 15. A Dynamic Earth
Theme 16. The Deep Earth
Theme 17. The Early Earth: Hadean and Archean Development of a Habitable Planet
Theme 19. Geochronology and Isotope Geology
Theme 20. Planetary Sciences
Theme 21. Magmatism – Settings, Compositions and Processes
Theme 32. Geoscience Information from Proximal and Remote-Sensing Technologies